South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. The Climate Strategies team is the team delivering our sustainability advisory/consultancy services to our corporate clients. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Operations Manager is to support the Climate Strategies team with operational matters to ensure it can work in the most efficient way. In this role, you will be accountable for providing operational and administrative support to our Climate Strategies Practice Leads and to the wider Climate Strategies team in order to guarantee maximum efficiency and enable future growth. This includes a broad variety of responsibilities such as translating operations needs into action, developing, maintaining and improving operational processes and tools, compiling reports and data, and supporting onboarding, learning and development.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Gather, map, attend and monitor the operational needs of the Practices Leads within the Climate Strategies team.
- Maintain, update, improve and develop internal tools, processes, training materials and templates.
- Coordinate and follow through with some recruiting activities such as hiring campaigns and general progress towards hiring goals, in collaboration with the HR team and the Climate Strategies team leads.
- Conduct data analysis activities, to analyse the metrics and results of the practices of the Climate Strategies team, and organise the results in compelling presentations or reports, in collaboration with the Data Analytics team.
- Contribute to South Pole’s digital transformation by collaborating with the wider Corporate Services Team, in particular by sharing business insights, participating in testing and piloting activities and by contributing to the implementation and adoption of new solutions.
- A university degree.
- Several years of work experience, for the most part within the private sector.
- Experience with highly-detailed tasks.
- Experience and taste for administrative tasks.
- Experience in working in small teams.
- Ability to identify gaps and design/enhance processes, tools and guidance to address them.
- Advanced controlling and organisation skills to ensure proper use of processes and tools.
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach.
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise.
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others.
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
- Line management experience.
- Experience working in an international and multicultural context.
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.