South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Legal team in the APAC region by providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice on a variety of legal topics relating to the company’s internal operations
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a variety of commercial agreements for the APAC region, in particular, providing deal support to sales teams
- Support the implementation and update of various contract templates and playbooks for the Legal team
- Support the implementation and update of internal processes and policies for the Legal team
- Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practices throughout the company
- Staying up to date with changes to legislation, rules and regulations
- This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Degree in Law
- A qualified lawyer called to the bar in at least one country within APAC
- Several years of experience post qualification in a similar inhouse role or in a law firm
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law in one or more countries within APAC
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand
- Excellent communication skills, highly collaborative
- Demonstrates strong accountability, and initiative
- Experience within the sustainability field, or experience in either environmental, infrastructure or investment projects
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.