South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The purpose of this role is to lead our analytics production team. As such the role is part of the Data and Insights team within the Information Technology in Corporate Services and reports directly to the Global Head of Data and Insight. You will be responsible for the delivery of scalable analytics solutions, overseeing a team of data engineers, visualisation experts, data analysts, business analysts and data scientists with PM support. You will ensure we can deliver scalable analytics solutions in an agile environment to support decision-making across South Pole.
You will be responsible for delivering our analytics products from POC/MVP stage through to production on our GCP data platform. You will enable insight to be used at scale and therefore a significant part of your role will be business-focused. You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written form. You come from a highly technical background with significant experience in building and delivering analytics at scale. Experience implementing a GCP-based data platform is highly desirable. You will be comfortable supporting multiple initiatives at once. A level of hands-on work is to be expected.
This exciting opportunity will suit an individual who has significant previous experience in building analytics solutions at scale. You are detailed orientated and happy to get stuck in and support the organisation as we grow and develop insight. You are enthused by the opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global company (with all the solution changes that accompany such growth) in the sustainability sector.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead our production team to scale analytics solutions/products across the business and support the creation of external analytics products/offerings.
- Work with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Be able to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders across South Pole, including all business lines and other technical departments
- Build and deliver analytics products on our GCP data platform
- Understand business needs and functions to answer key business questions
- Take analytics from MVP/POC stage into scalable, automated and repeatable solutions
- Manage a medium-sized team with various capabilities across data engineering, visualisation, analysis and PMO
- Previous experience working on GCP with Python, Tableau, BigQuery, AirFlow and AI solutions
- Communicate results and influence key business leaders
- Explore and suggest new tools and methods to achieve maximal efficiency in data collection, processing and analysis.
- Degree educated
- Significant experience in building and delivering analytics solutions at scale
- Strong data analysis skills and experience building scalable data pipelines
- Good experience with SQL databases, both relational and non-relational
- Knowledge and experience using common open-source languages for analytics, e.g. Python and R
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Strong background working in Tableau
- Experience with business requirements gathering and agile ways of working
- Previous experience managing global teams
- Proven experience in building and delivering analytics products from MVP/POC stage to fully automated product delivery
- Have experience working with Google Cloud infrastructure and Salesforce
- Experience setting up and implementing data and analytics platforms on Google Cloud
- Data Analytics experience and knowledge of machine learning, forecasting and statistical techniques
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.