South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole is seeking an experienced Head of Service Delivery to provide leadership for our Global IT service team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology, this role will be the focal point of end-user engagement across the South Pole organisation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of the end-user support and IT service function across South Pole organisation.
- Maintain excellent response and service levels, and continuously improve the service to end-users
- Be a visible, engaged presence for information technology across the organisation
- Contribute to the overall technology roadmap, identifying pain points, and improvement opportunities across the enterprise technology landscape, working closely with your technology peers in security, data and applications
- Champion best-in-class solutions around Service management, including SLA, security and DevOps
- Lead and develop a service delivery team, that is right-sized for the strategic growth of South Pole, and engaged across the entire business.
- Foster an effective team environment, that incubates professional and career
- Develop visible metrics and focus on continuous quality improvement.
- Work with other departments to help build service, ticketing and support models
Essential Profile Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Service Delivery Manager in a global organisation, ideally
in a scale-up environment
- Demonstrable team development and inclusive leadership of multi-national,
multi-cultural employee group
- Extensive experience with software solutions supporting ITSM and ITIL processes, eg Jira Service Management
- Credible examples of the delivery of company-wide communication, widespread
business engagement and traction across the organisation
- Credible broad-based technical skills, including experience in service
management in product-led, and platform-based businesses
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven record of peer-level engagement,
allied to a low-ego operating style
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills allied to high energy and
- Evidence of leadership through both “user-first” and “security-first” behaviours and actions
- Experience in defining and leading problem, incident and change management initiatives and improvements
- Previous responsibility for KPI, OKR and service reporting - including monitoring,
ticketing and security solutions
- Experience in working with Security/ Cloud Ops specialists, as well as application, data and project peers and teams.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.