South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As part of the Global IT infrastructure team, you will support the smooth operation of the working devices of South Pole employees. You will be in charge of managing the operations of technological infrastructure, hardware and software, especially in the Asia Pacific region and globally, as well as be responsible for providing support and solution to local needs and work as a first-level support helpdesk person.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage Client devices in Amsterdam and Europe
- Prepare Computer for new Starters Windows, macOS and Linux
- Setup Video Conference Systems
- First level Support Helpdesk person for the whole world during the day CET
- Manage mobile phone contracts and Google Voice Licenses
- Manage Google for Workspace Enterprise and other Cloud Applications
- Order and Manage Notebooks, Wifi Networks, Smartphones and Video Conference Systems in Europe
- Create Manuals and Howtos
- Handle Hardware guarantee cases and replacements
- Organise and maintain the Internet Connection from the Office
- Define and evaluate the local needs to bring these inputs into our global IT system
- Training as an ICT-Technician / IT-Supporter
- Have a service-oriented mindset
- Proficient level of English skills
- Ability to work in a responsible and self-driven manner
- Ability to work in a global environment and in a diverse global team
- You are an open-minded person and share knowledge actively
- Able to orchestrate Clients with Google for Workplace and Google Azure Intunes
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.