South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
As part of the Climate Projects business line within the Global Sourcing team, the Sourcing Specialist, Sustainable Technologies will focus on renewable energy and sustainable technology emission reduction project's leads and opportunities in the Latin American region. Reporting to the Sustainable Technologies Sourcing Practice Lead, Latin America, in this role, you will also support business development and project sourcing related activities within the region – primarily related to renewable energy, energy efficiency, methane and household projects, along with plastic waste reduction and recycling projects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support Brazilian project sourcing operation activities for carbon credits and possibly other environmental market products such as Renewable Energy Certificates and plastic reductions credits
- Conduct research relevant to new project leads, project developers, project owners, relevant regulatory regimes/policies globally, and particularly within Brazil
- Collect and research relevant data related to Sustainable Technologies (ST) projects, including renewable energy, biogas, community-based projects etc, to generate project opportunities/leads
- Manage and maintain databases (i.e.: Salesforce), ensuring that information regarding project leads and opportunities are well recorded and updated
- Support coordination and collaboration with other teams within South Pole globally, in regards to project leads and opportunities
- Source new project leads and opportunities for the Latin American region aligned to Sourcing strategies and mandates
- Draft contracts and commercial proposals
- Collect data from Project Owners or other third parties for due diligence, financing plans and budgets, technical, financial, and legal documentation
- When relevant, attend meetings/seminars/workshops/events that are strategic for sourcing team activities.
- University degree in Economics, Environmental Sustainability, Business Development and Environmental/Carbon Markets or similar
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience working in the sustainable technologies sector
- Experience and interest Client Management and networking — people skills
- Good understanding of climate change mitigation actions and frameworks such as Net-Zero
- Demonstrated interest or skills with commercial transactions and business acumen
- Existing networks in sustainable technology fields such as Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, household devices, biogas, and/or plastics
- Native or fluent in Portuguese, Professional proficiency in English is a must and Spanish is desirable.
- Experience in project screening and budgeting/financing
- Knowledge of project development in the Latin American region and specifically of renewable energy, household and plastics projects
- Knowledge of carbon credits, standards, project development
- Comfortable working with an international and multicultural team
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce and Google Suite
- Adaptability and versatility.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.