South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In your role as Risk Manager, you will help develop and enhance the risk framework and manage the risk register. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Risk & Compliance and as part of the Global Legal & Compliance Team, you will work together with various internal and external stakeholders.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Promote best practice in identifying and mitigating risks through a risk framework and procedures, embed it within the business and communicate it effectively to staff.
- Regular review and analysis of South Pole’s Risk Register.
- Develop risk management controls and systems.
- Design processes to mitigate or eliminate potential risks.
- Regular reporting of progress on risk mitigation measures and coordination with Risk Owners.
- Promote risk discussions and where appropriate local risk registers by division or country to identify emerging risks and to promote risk mitigation.
- Document and develop risk management processes raising staff awareness and ownership.
- Several years of experience in managing risk
- Knowledge of best practices in identifying and mitigating risk through a risk framework and procedures
- Experience in mapping risks
- Experience in working within an international and multicultural context
- Able to work independently and prioritise workload effectively using a risk-based approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Solid stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Be responsible and result-oriented
- Analytical, problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in Law, Business, Finance or a related field
- English language
- Additional language skills would be a plus
- Compliance and/or Internal Audit experience
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.