South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
The Climate Investment team is responsible for developing and managing sustainable impact funds, as well as other facilities, vehicles and platforms for investments in climate action. Our scope of expertise covers a variety of topics related to sustainable land-use, low-carbon energy, climate-smart cities and/or clean technology, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
For South Pole’s SHIFT Asia Program, an action-oriented, multi-stakeholder initiative accelerating the uptake of electric mobility and electricity grid optimization, we are looking for a senior manager of our activities. The main responsibility of the Senior Manager, Asia E-mobility Program, is to manage the electric mobility and grid optimization program and strengthen the regional SHIFT hub in Asia with a focus on Indonesia. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of the program, including stakeholder engagement, partnership building, network management, organization of events/meetings (physical or online) and communications. For this purpose, you will closely coordinate and supervise the work carried out in association with various teams (among others Sourcing, Climate Policy and Project Development). You will provide technical guidance to the teams and act as the main point of contact for the clients and other external partners. You will also leverage your technical expertise to drive business development activities and generate and/or pursue new partnerships and leads around electric mobility and grid optimization. In addition, you will contribute to the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address climate challenges related to the topics of clean transport and energy.
You will take a very significant role in designing, implementing and managing the program, as well as guide specialists in stakeholder engagement, partnership building, network management, organization of events/meetings (physical or online) and communications. You will lead the operational management and coordination of such a program including governance, technical, administrative and financial aspects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead the design and management of a new e-mobility program for corporates and governments, with a focus on expanding existing activities in Thailand to Indonesia and other South-East Asian countries
- Carry out the operations of the e-mobility program with regards to budget, work progress, reporting and stakeholder engagement
- Lead the coordination with South Pole’s implementation team and external implementation partners to ensure the timely achievement of the planned goals
- Build strategic value-adding relationships with external partners that contribute to the program’s overall offerings and business opportunities for South Pole
- Establish and maintain program-wide cooperation management by identifying and integrating suitable tools and frameworks for project management, reporting and communications
- Coordinate and lead the policy and advocacy efforts of South Pole in the electric mobility and grid optimization space
- Ensure good financial health and sustainability of the program
- Develop new Vehicle-to-X business opportunities and collaborate closely with internal teams
- Lead the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- Participate in business and fundraising strategy and leadership-relevant internal discussions to position our e-mobility activities within South Pole's overall business and offering
- Diligent, reliable, entrepreneurial, and proactive
- University degree in a related (technical) field
- Excellent oral and written skills in Indonesian and English
- Extensive experience in sustainability consulting, network management, grant/investment management, knowledge management, stakeholder engagement or other related fields
- Excellent technical project supervision skills and ability to guide project teams
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills, with experience in managing cross-sectoral, global multi-client projects
- Strong ability to support contract negotiations
- Industry-relevant connections, ideally related to electric mobility, energy storage, renewable energy and grid optimization, with a wide network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to access, establish, and/or manage collaborative and multi-stakeholder forum(s) engaging various types of sectoral players
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with specific communication experience to senior decision-makers (such as C-Suite) and across a range of stakeholders
- National or holder of a valid permit
- Profound knowledge of electric mobility, energy storage and grid optimization and the latest developments around the topic
- Commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging, competitive and fast-paced market environment
- Experience in fundraising would be an advantage
- Practical experience in change management and sustainability strategy development
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.