South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Job Summary In your role as Senior Corporate and Investment Legal Counsel, you will oversee the corporate-related legal aspects of our activities in an investment-focused role. This is an exciting and hands-on role, where you will ensure that the companies of the group are fulfilling their corporate obligations, but also participate in the growth of the group. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of Legal & Compliance, you will work together with various internal and external stakeholders on a wide variety of corporate and investment-related topics.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the creation of new subsidiaries worldwide:
- Support the investment team in building the business case, assessing and advising on the best solution to create an entity in a given country, from a regulatory perspective,
- Support the drafting of the legal documentation and the incorporation, together with the Corporate Finance team.
- Support to external growth: support in building the business case, drafting and negotiating a variety of external growth operations (joint venture, private equity financing, transactional M&A).
- Support for the strategic investment of the group (investment in climate projects, support for the funds' activities, etc).
- Draft a variety of corporate and investment-related contracts: term sheets, loan agreements, share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, articles of incorporation, etc.
- This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Law
- Several years PQE
- Strong experience as an in-house counsel
- Previous experience in M&A and investment operations
- Strong skills in drafting legal documents
- Solid stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Be responsible and result-oriented
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
- Analytical, problem-solving skills
- Management and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Additional language skills would be a plus
- Experience in a fund or venture capital company would be a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.