South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In order to support the growth of our activities and extension of our digital solutions, we are looking for you, an enthusiastic Data Privacy lawyer ready to take the challenge of a newly created position and to ensure proper drafting and review of data privacy legal documents. In this challenging role, you are reporting to the Data Privacy Officer and are part of the wider Legal & Compliance department.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Supporting and advising across the business on data protection laws in the countries we operate in (from Colombia to Australia).
- Providing data privacy advice to add value and help deliver transformational business projects in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws
- Collaborating with international cross-functional teams and partners on a variety of products and services to ensure privacy compliance
- Support the implementation of data protection audits, reviews, and assessments, where required
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of privacy issues as well as certain information security/cybersecurity issues
- Assist in responding to requests to exercise data subject rights;
- Advice on matters pertaining to employee and candidate privacy and support global recruiting and HR teams
- Keep abreast of changes in regulations across the world
- Prepare and perform privacy and data protection training, where needed
- Support the Legal & Compliance team on broader commercial advice and contract review, negotiations and drafting, including RFPs, data processing agreements, standard contractual clauses, and internal policies
- Help improve the processes, efficiency, compliance framework and standard methodologies.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities and tasks, where required
Essential Profile Requirements:
- A University degree in Law
- Experience with the GDPR is essential and familiarity with other global regions’ privacy laws where South Pole operates is a plus
- Excellent written and oral command of English
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Confidence in operating in a fast-paced and challenging global environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Good judgement in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with counterparty requirements
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.