South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As Early Career Specialist, you will be the main coordinator of South Pole’s internship programme. In this role, you will work on building up a cyclical internship programme based on the needs of managers in various departments in South Pole and will establish strong relationships with various universities to attract interested students. You will also be involved in ensuring that interns have a positive experience all the way from recruitment, onboarding and offboarding.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships with (local) universities to promote South Pole as an employer and as an internship program
- Coordinate and attend recruitment fairs, informational sessions or other relevant events to attract students to South Pole
- Work in conjunction with managers to shape intern roles and positions for
specific department needs
- Develop branding approaches to promote South Pole as an employer of choice for the Early Career audience
- Screen candidate pipelines to ensure they are a fit to work in the specific country/function
- Build up our internship program cycle
- Work closely with managers in different departments within South Pole to assess their needs for an intern
- Ensure a smooth candidate experience from recruitment to onboarding
- Regularly checking in with interns on their experience
- A creative thinker with strong organizational skills
- A great communicator with strong relationship-building skills
- Has a strong understanding of the candidate's experience and the moments that matter
- Has a partnering mindset, able to work across global teams and external stakeholders
- Entry-level work experience/internships/traineeships
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- Networking relationships with one or two universities in Europe
- Experience in student groups/societies
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.