South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role, you will support the global Operations team within the Climate Projects business line. You will work in a diverse and international unit, supporting the teams with operational matters to ensure that the business line can work in the most effective way. Working closely with the Operations team, you will continuously improve, update and maintain our tools, processes and templates. You will contribute to our growth by leading the onboarding process of our new team members in the region and globally, providing training and organizing global learning sessions. You will also be in charge of controlling projects in our internal project management tool, you will do regular checks and updates to ensure quality data in coordination with Project Managers. Based in Amsterdam or London, you will act as a focal point and liaise with the Climate Policy, Finance and Carbon Markets practice providing support to consultancy and advisory projects specific to this team. This is a fast-paced role that requires cross-company collaboration, multi-tasking and prioritization.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Continuously analyze and improve internal tools, processes and templates as well as the supporting documents/guidelines
- Support the development of operational policies and procedures for teams in Climate Projects as well as assist with any day to day operational queries and issues
- Support the onboarding process of our new team members, through training on tools and processes, and through the organization of onboarding gatherings
- Support proposal writing, ensuring that they are of the highest quality (following guidelines and formatting)
- Work with Regional Leads and Team Heads to address operational needs and develop new processes
- Conduct Project quality checks in South Pole’s internal project management system, to ensure the information is complete and accurate, and follow up with project managers when needed
- Conduct data analysis tasks, to analyze the metrics and results of the regional team and organize the results in compelling presentations.
- Support general tasks such as updating/formatting and compiling staff CVs and other administrative documents
- Organize, support and facilitate as required global and regional Climate Projects meetings
- Organize, support and facilitate training of new or updated operations processes with the team in the region and globally as required
- Support and provide feedback to line managers for Climate Project staff to ensure that processes and systems are being implemented and enforced by their team members
- Be the point of contact for operational issues, feedback and suggestions on tools and processes, and templates for the Climate Projects team in the region
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or related disciplines.
- Several years of relevant work experience in operations and administration.
- Experience in situations where attention to detail was required.
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context.
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies.
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritize.
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others.
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, plus another regional language highly desirable
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Experience with formatting documents and using styles.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.