South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
South Pole mitigates the impact of climate change by developing high-quality emission reduction projects and consultancy mandates all over the world. These projects are developed under international as well as national carbon standards such as the VCS, the Gold Standard, the Swiss national carbon scheme etc.
In this role, you will focus on the successful and efficient development and implementation of Swiss compliance and voluntary emission reduction projects. As a Project Coordinator in the Swiss Project team, you will be contributing to the carbon markets of tomorrow by implementing and managing these projects with access to direct client relationships in Switzerland and the DACH region.
If you are also not shy about working independently on the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, then this might be the new opportunity you are looking for.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide support in the assessment and review of incoming leads for emission reduction projects. Project topics include but are not limited to timber construction, plastic and metal recycling, wastewater treatment, renewable energy sources, biochar, negative emission technologies, mobility and regenerative agriculture and livestock.
- Support the development and preparation of such projects for certification and registration with the Federal Office for the Environment or with international carbon standards.
- Participate in the implementation and management of such emission reduction projects in Switzerland, including drafting project design documents, validation, monitoring and verification support under the Swiss national carbon scheme and international standards.
- Support business development activities, including the development of proposals for new clients and managing business relationships with project partners, cooperatives and auditors.
- Assist with market research on emerging new topics in the sustainability sector and provide support with project sourcing
- A Master's degree in Science, Engineering, Economics or a sustainability-related discipline
- Entry-level relevant work experience (incl. internships)
- Proficient in German and English
- Excellent analytical competency
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced international environment with a can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- As an advantage, experience with project management, client communication and project finance
- Previous greenhouse gas-related experiences with at least one of the following: timber construction, recycling, wastewater treatment, renewable energy sources, negative emission technologies, mobility and/or agriculture.
- Knowledge of carbon markets, carbon standards (VCS, GS, etc.), and global carbon and/or reporting standards (CDP, GHG Protocol, etc.) would be a strong plus.
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.