South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a Salesforce Developer, you play a critical role in supporting South Pole to leverage the Salesforce.com platform to support key business objectives. You are a member of the Enterprise Technology team and work as part of a group of designated Salesforce specialists. You will report into the Head of Enterprise Technology but will take guidance from the Salesforce Product Manager at a daily, operational level. By following an agile delivery approach, you will take documented solutions to development, into testing and through to deployment.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Act as a senior member of the Salesforce team, directly supporting the Salesforce Product Manager and management with architectural decisions and build recommendations based on best practices
- Proactively and continually drive and update your own development and knowledge of the Salesforce ecosystem
- Understand and continually increase knowledge of South Pole’s internal business systems and how they directly or indirectly interact with Salesforce
- Integrate systems with Salesforce (and/or maintain existing integrations), including internal proprietary and third party applications
- Have a strong understanding of SFDC APIs and integration patterns
- Design, test and deploy VisualForce, APEX and Lightning Component solutions.
- Follow and promote coding best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Produce Salesforce technical design and implementation documents
- Liaise with various teams across the business to understand requirements and provide user stories
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and third party providers
- Share Salesforce knowledge with direct team members, supporting more junior Salesforce team members in particular and the wider business
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of declarative automation features (Flows, Process Builder etc.) within the platform
- Salesforce certified ADM201
- Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certified
- Several year’s experience with Force.com developer toolkit - Apex, Data loader, Workbench, VisualForce, Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services/SOA & Metadata APIs
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP APIs, JSON & XML, etc.) and building integrations with Salesforce.com
- Strong knowledge around Salesforce automation testing frameworks and tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Experience of liaising across multiple departments/disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to adhere to agile/business processes
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a flexible approach to work
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Experience of/training in agile IT delivery methodologies
- A strong interest in business, climate action and the environment
- Experience with Lightning Components
- Experience in Sales Cloud, CPQ and Pardot
- Previous experience with related business systems/technologies such as Tableau, JIRA Service Management is desirable
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.