South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As Operations Specialist, you will work within a global operations team supporting the Climate Projects Business Line. Specifically, you will work closely with the Portfolio and Procurement & Trading team taking on responsibilities to ensure efficiency in team performance and improve, update and maintain tools, processes and templates. You will contribute to our fast-paced growth by leading the onboarding process for new team members and delivering training and global learning sessions. Based in the APAC region, you will be responsible for addressing any local needs and supporting the region with daily operational support. This is a fast-paced role that requires cross-company collaboration, multi-tasking and prioritization.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Continuously support improving internal tools, processes and templates as well as the supporting documents/guidelines
- Support the development of operational policies and procedures for teams in Climate Projects as well as assist with any day to day operational questions and issues
- Support the onboarding process of our new team members, through training on the business, tools and processes, and through the organisation of onboarding gatherings
- Work with the team members to address operational needs, such as problem-solving or being consulted as an expert for challenges with systems
- Organise, support and facilitate, as required, global and regional Climate Projects meetings. Including, note-taking, action tracking and facilitating team meetings.
- Organise, support and facilitate training of new or updated operations processes with the team in the region and globally as required
- Be the point of contact for operational issues, feedback and suggestions on tools and processes, and templates for the Climate Projects team in the region
- Be part of project teams with a global impact, for instance, support the scalability of the current way of working, improve communication structure between teams and streamline meeting cadences.
Essential profile requirements:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree
- Entry-level relevant work experience
- Experience or interest in working within an international and multicultural context
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Advanced skills with the use of the Google Drive, IT platforms and technology savvy
- Strong organisational skills and eye for detail
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Able to perform data analytics
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach
- Eager to learn
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.