South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Global Head of People & Culture, the Global People & Culture Lead Climate Solutions (CS) is responsible for providing strategic HR advice and guidance to the Business Line. To achieve this, you will work closely with the senior management team to understand our key business drivers, challenges and growth ambitions, and to deliver world-class HR solutions that support the achievement of strategic company goals. You will also collaborate closely with the CoE and People Services to design and deliver innovative global HR solutions, in line with the overall People & Culture strategy.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Key point of contact to partner with and advise senior management on a broad range of complex HR matters (recruitment, performance, compensation, development, training, organisational design, recognition, DEI, engagement, retention wellbeing, etc.)
- Set, own and drive the HR People Plan for your business area fitting the HR frameworks and evolving needs of our growing business while building the engagement of our people
- Support the business leadership in building their annual headcount forecasts, staffing plans and capability development (SWM)and contribute to filling key positions, with the support and expertise of the recruitment team and People Services team
- Manage the annual salary review process for your business line or functions
- Lead the performance management process and ensure employees and managers are proactively focusing on employee development, coaching them individually, and facilitating workshops and learning sessions as needed.
- Oversee promotion requests, ensuring they are adequately planned, justified and are aligned with HR policies, succession plans, and business needs
- Partner closely with the Reward team to plan and implement any bonus scheme or compensation changes
- Lead any communication and change initiatives around key HR initiatives and projects
- Partner closely with our Talent, Learning and Development team on all relevant topics with for example leading the talent review and succession planning including DEI and implementing a program for high potentials.
- Support the leadership team with organisational design strategies in view of long-term scalable growth
- Identify retention risks and implement solutions to address these, in alignment with our overall people strategy and company values
- Lead in collaboration with the Business Line Leadership team and HR Management team strategies to create the best employee experience,
- Manage, coach and develop a small team of HR Business Partners
Essential Profile Requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field of study
- Extensive experience in HR, with several years as an HR Manager with a regional or global focus, preferable working with the C-suite.
- Strong knowledge of core HR processes, with relevant generalist experience in recruitment, performance, compensation and benefits, learning and development, talent management, employee engagement, etc.
- Working experience in the consultancy or sales context would be a pre
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to partner effectively with senior management on a broad range of complex HR topics
- Strong business acumen and internal client orientation skills, with the ability to understand the specific needs of our internal clients and translate these into effective HR solutions
- To be proactive, take ownership and with an energetic drive be, able to identify challenges or gaps and anticipate solutions before problems arise
- Innovative and resourceful mindset, who is able to challenge the status quo, bring new ideas and make creative suggestions
- Experience using people analytics to drive people decisions
- Experience in an HR agile context is a pre
- Proficient English oral and written mandatory
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.