South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Junior Operations Specialist will provide day to day support for the Operations, Consulting and Sales teams within the North American Climate Solutions organization. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, strong administrative and organizational skills, follow-through and a positive attitude. This role reports to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for ensuring data accuracy in our internal project management tool, as well as supporting a broad range of administrative tasks to support the success and growth of the team.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Conduct quality control checks in our internal project management tool and Salesforce to ensure the information is complete and accurate, following up with teams as needed.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals by preparing references, CVs and administrative documents.
- Contribute to data analysis tasks to analyze metrics and results of the regional team.
- Support the onboarding of new Climate Solutions employees, through training on tools and processes.
- Support the planning, logistics and facilitation of in-person and hybrid team meetings and retreats.
- Occasionally support global activities, such as maintaining and improving internal tools, processes and templates.
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration or related disciplines.
- Entry-level relevant work experience, including internships, with a focus on administrative and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Maturity, professionalism and an ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, hybrid and international environment.
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.