South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As Technical Training Manager, you play a critical role in supporting South Pole to effectively leverage its enterprise technology tools to increase productivity and support key business objectives. You are a senior member of the Enterprise Technology team and report into the Head of Enterprise Technology. As such, you will develop an effective technical training framework for South Pole’s core internal business systems and drive its delivery, based on best practices.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Act as a central point of contact for internal technical training across South Pole on a global level.
- Provide a clear framework and consistent approach to technical training for core business systems.
- Liaise effectively with the central Learning and Development (L&D) team to leverage a central Learning Management system and training standards.
- Manage technical training delivery and needs in a matrix organisation effectively. This involves coordinating across software product teams and lines of businesses to assess technical training needs across the business for new users and new software, as well as ongoing training support.
- Line-manage a small team of technical trainers, setting objectives, managing capacity and also providing performance feedback, coaching and/or guidance where necessary to support individuals’ development.
- Endorse a blended learning approach that includes digital learning, interactive training, webinars and e-learning (self-serve) courses.
- Maintain high training standards through surveys and the coaching or training of less experienced technical trainers (train the trainer model).
- Contribute to the production of technical course content for core business systems in use, tailored to the needs of different target groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of technical training both in-person/onsite as well as remotely, whereby remote training is the primary delivery method.
- Proactively keep knowledge of tools and support services available within the training arena up-to-date.
- Extensive technical training creation and delivery experience.
- Knowledge of web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques, including working experience in multiple Learning Management Systems.
- Experience in managing a team of technical trainers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CIPD Certificate in training practice, or similar, and a certificate in online facilitation skills.
- Bachelor's degree/teaching qualification or accredited course in training is desirable.
- Experience/knowledge of a wide range of business software applications, for instance, CRM, Marketing automation, Finance management, HR, recruitment, Service Management, Professional Services Automation and Project Management.
- Experience in liaising across multiple departments/disciplines/geographies in a matrix organisation.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and multi-task with a flexible approach to work.
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Decision-making skills.
- A strong interest in business, climate action and the environment.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.