South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Business Development Associate is to grow South Pole’s business in Finland and the Baltic countries. You will build strong long-term relationships with new clients as well as build South Pole’s market position in the region. You will contribute to the definition and implementation of the go-to-market strategy in your region and provide inputs for product and service development. Furthermore, you will develop tailor-made solutions, in close collaboration with other teams such as consultancy, marketing and portfolio management, to help clients to manage their risks and seize opportunities associated with climate change.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Create new business opportunities and grow South Pole’s business around climate action in Finland and the Baltic countries
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify business development opportunities
- Write compelling proposals and participate in negotiations
- Assist management in complex deal negotiations, contract development as well as account management tasks
- Provide market feedback to practice leads, business lines managers and marketing team
- Develop and improve specialized skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support senior business development team in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- Take the proactive lead on specific solutions and coordinate with involved stakeholders
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, sites visits, at conferences and remote
- Share proactively know-how and market feedback within the company
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business related discipline
- Relevant work experience in business development and client-facing roles, with exposure to the field of sustainability such as corporate responsibility, climate change or renewable energy
- Passion for delivering customer excellence
- Understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate action and initiatives (eg SBTs, RE100, carbon neutrality) and the ability to formulate a concrete business case
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong drive for results
- Ability to challenge the status quo and think out of the box
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills with strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Excellent proficiency in Finnish and English, Swedish and Baltic languages are considered a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in G-Suite applications
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing international environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.