South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Global Head of People & Culture (P&C), the Global Head of People Services and Systems is accountable for overseeing the delivery of world-class services that enable an outstanding employee experience for the business. To do so, you will manage a global team of professionals who will ensure seamless execution of all global P&C processes covering the full employee life-cycle. You will oversee and lead the creation and/or improvement of P&C processes, policies, and applications, with a focus on continuous improvement, optimisation, digitalisation, scalability, productivity and efficiency, guaranteeing operational excellence in all areas of P&C. You will participate in global P&C projects and initiatives, in close alignment with our People & Culture Strategy, and be a key player in enabling our ambitious growth plans.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and oversee the execution of all the day to day P&C Services globally
- Be the point of escalation for complex topics that the regional teams cannot solve
- Provide guidance to the People and Culture (P&C) team and to the organisation on the administration of people-related topics such as hiring, onboarding, benefits, global mobility, training, offboarding, policies, processes and SOPs, People applications, employee and labour relations, and others P&C admin related topics
- Lead the identification of efficiency gaps in our P&C processes and procedures, and oversee their (re)design in order to achieve a high level of efficiency and productivity within P&C
- Build and implement a People Shared Services concept that ensures global coverage and first time right responses to a broad range of people queries from the business. Establish service level agreements (SLAs) for the delivery of seamless People Services via Click and new innovations in this working field.
- Take the lead in the design and implementation of complex global P&C processes and translate them to employee journeys
- Ensure we have all required P&C policies in place at global, regional or local level; oversee and lead the creation of new policies or update existing policies in line with our Company culture and evolving business needs
- Supervise all global P&C administration and payroll
- Ensure we are legally compliant from a labour law perspective in all countries in which we operate
- Drive the regionalisation / localisation of our processes, policies and procedures, in alignment with the evolution and growth of the company
- Oversee the selection, implementation and ongoing management of any third party suppliers for employment purposes (PEO solutions)
- Oversee the local administration of benefits including benefits enhancements in order to remain an attractive and competitive employer, in line with our global rewards strategy
- Implement efficient and compliant global mobility practices, including visa management processes, relocation, use of third party providers for employment purposes, etc.
- Act as a focal point within P&C team to centralise and prioritise all new People applications requirements
- Partner with CoEs, Risk and the IT team to ensure seamless integration of all People applications in order to provide an outstanding user experience
- Take the lead on new P&C initiatives and global or regional P&C projects
- Supervise a global team of People Services with a strong focus on team development and alignment, while nurturing a strong and cohesive team spirit across the globe
- Degree in Business Administration, Law, HR or similar
- Extensive years of work and leadership experience in the field of Human Resources, including strong track record in HR services & operations, with skills in, process design and systems implementation
- Very strong process-driven and efficient mindset, with a focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Strong knowledge of core People & Culture concepts and best practices
- Excellent people management skills and ability to effectively manage a global team across time zones and geographies
- Excellent organisational and prioritization skills, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Accuracy, precision in work, and strong attention to details
- Highly results-focused; strong drive, initiative, and sense of urgency
- Innovative, strong improvements-focused mindset and critical thinking, ability to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-growth multicultural environment
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient English, oral and written
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.