South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Business Development Associate is to contribute to growing South Pole’s business and market position in the North American region. You’ll support our team in matching our climate solutions offering with corporate clients' needs, helping them to progress on their climate journey and to take bold climate action. To be successful in this role, you will need to understand clients’ needs and develop tailor-made solutions in collaboration with senior team members.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support senior business development and key account managers in their client work, including developing proposals, concluding commercial agreements and helping with further account management tasks
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify business development opportunities
- Ensure client satisfaction by guaranteeing a high-quality standard of our services and anticipating their expectations and objectives
- Initiate and build your own relationships with new clients
- Develop compelling offers and proposals together with our carbon projects team, product experts and consultants
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, at conferences and remotely
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business-related discipline
- Relevant knowledge of the carbon market, corporate sustainability, climate change, and related frameworks
- Entry-level experience in the field of sustainability, corporate responsibility, climate change or renewable energy and in a client-facing role
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and a sense of urgency
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Excellent English language skills, any other language is a plus
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa
- International business experience and willingness to travel
- Distinct analytical and conceptual abilities, the know-how of relevant sales software (CRM) and techniques
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.