South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this newly created role in our London office, you will work closely with the Group Accounting Team to deliver accounting best practices as we continue to grow our presence across the region. You will coordinate and collaborate with multiple South Pole offices located around the world as a key member of the growing shared services accounting team.
We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. This is a well-rounded position offering the opportunity to get involved in all areas of Accounting.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support for processing both the accounts receivables and accounts payables for several entities
- Performing journal processing and cost centre management
- Take control of the expense approval process across the Group
- Assist with month-end processes
- Processing payroll for European entities
- Performing ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Assist with the accounting of leases and fixed assets across the group.
- CA/CPA qualified or studying towards
- Relevant experience in similar accounting roles
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite and accounting software
- Passionate about working in a close and diverse team, but also independently
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.