South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As part of the Project Development team, you will oversee the timely and effective generation and delivery of emission reductions and manage the full project development cycle in Southeast Asia. You will support the project development team and any related sourcing activities, advising project managers, working closely with senior members and coordinating with other teams (sourcing, operation, portfolio, KAM, climate policy, etc.). You will also be expected to ensure that the projects are implemented as agreed while delivering high-quality deliverables. You will be responsible for the design and development of carbon projects in the area of sustainability technology as well as any related GHG mitigation activity. It may include the new initiatives in environmental certificates as well. You will also deal with the complex situations and technical challenges that will require a problem-solving approach in addition to being creative, independent, resourceful and a trusted leader with functional knowledge/expertise in the GHG mitigation area and related field. Participation in business rounds, technical sessions, site visits and other relevant events will be part of this exciting role.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead emission reduction generation and full carbon cycle project development/management including implementation of all co-benefit certificates
- Maintain a good relationship with the Team Head, other Senior Leads, project owners, clients, VVBs (DOEs or auditors) and other counterparts
- Guide, train and support a team of project managers in SE Asia
- Be aware of the process of negotiation and signing of ERSA or ERPA with the project owners, as well as of all the internal procedures in the internal project management tool
- Proposal/deliverable preparation and completion to the quality required by South Pole and the client
- Define and plan content and structure to support the certification of a project: work plans, work schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Provide technical reviews and Quality Checks
- Keep the team members (collaborators) informed of their progress in the project and ensure that they stay within the time and budget agreed
- Draft invoices to be approved by the supervisor and sent to the Accounting team for submission to clients. Managing project owners' accounts in our project management tool
- Update proposal/project information in the project management tool and ensure all relevant documents are accessible on Google Drive at any time
- Keep general information, milestones and cash flow in the project management tool up to date
- Planning and development of site visits and other types of business trips/training if required
- Budget control and resource management; make use of new upcoming tool's feature to manage the budget of all tasks and activities with optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- Managing project budgets of at least EUR 100,000 in size
- Gather, prepare and present information to represent South Pole at meetings as requested
- Undertake research into possible partners and collaborators for upcoming opportunities
- Participate in formal and informal networking opportunities as requested
- Share relevant contacts and information on possible opportunities with the Global Sourcing team.
- University degree in Renewable Energy, Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainability, or any climate change and GHG mitigation related field, a master's degree is a plus
- Experience in on-grid or off-grid based renewable energy, e.g solar, wind, biomass, biogas. Familiarity with the mitigation activity in the waste sector is an advantage
- Several years of relevant work experience in sustainability consulting, climate change mitigation/adaptation or related fields
- Good understanding of CDM, VERRA, GS4GG including other carbon standards
- Good understanding of climate change topics, GHG accounting projects, carbon projects, carbon footprint, community-based projects and renewable energy development is essential
- Creative, independent, resourceful and a trusted leader with functional knowledge/expertise in the GHG mitigation area and related field
- Capable of making decisions that focus on the operational aspects and take accountability for it
- Advanced network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in Thai and English
- Thai National or Passport Holder
- Hands-on experience in carbon project development from initial project assessment to the issuance of credits
- Working experience on project development in the area of renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable energy, sustainable technology, low carbon technology, decarbonization technology, waste to energy or similar field will be a plus
- A good network with various market participants e.g. project developers, DOE/Auditor and government agencies will be a plus
- Knowledge of additional languages in Asia is considered a plus
- Keen attention to detail, flexible and efficient
- Open-minded and embrace all challenges
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.