South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Carbon credits are one the biggest resources at South Pole and currently a scarce one, thanks to the incredible market and company growth. A dedicated role has therefore been created within the Finance team to manage the stock of credits across the world, implement policies and procedures that on one side allow our procurement and trading team to satisfy demand and take advantage of market opportunities and on the other allow a robust financial control over stock, transfer and related liquidity.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Build from scratch and maintain an inventory dashboard for South Pole’s carbon credits across all the legal entities of the Group and all the credits types
- Daily monitoring of inventory requirements and reconciliation, working closely with the Procurement and Trading and Registry team
- Implementation of procedures and controls to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained and demand is met
- Recommend strategies to improve inventory turnover and avoid devaluation of older credits vintages
- Responsible for inventory valuation at market value and impairment
- Working closely with the Sourcing team to include an overview of expected future credits
- Working closely with the Portfolio team to optimise customer offering and profitability for South Pole
- Ensure intercompany transfers of stock are done according to the transfer prices policy for both existing legal entities as well as newly acquired ones
- Support any year-end audit requests related to inventory
- Liquidity planning
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) or equivalent
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work autonomously, grasping the implications of inventory management on the wider business
- Ability to engage and communicate with both Finance and non Finance stakeholders
- Ability to work with complex data sets in Microsoft Excel and combine data and information from different sources
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where many processes and procedures need to be implemented
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks and managing expectations
- Several years of relevant work experience in a similar role, preferably in banking or trading houses
- Experience in company integration particularly from an inventory perspective
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.