South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position, you will be responsible for part of the accounting function in South Pole Carbon Asset Management Colombia. As a local Senior Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across South Pole and also external stakeholders to ensure reporting is complete in a timely manner.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Review and validation of the monthly cost database (Colsales), verifying against AQ contracts and the corresponding deliveries and margins report
- Review and/or preparation of taxes for delivery to the statutory auditor, coordinating with the officer in charge
- Weekly meetings with the team to review the accounting progress, with continuous reconciliation of the accounting accounts
- Review of accounting entries and application of withholding taxes on weekly payments
- Calculation and posting of costs on a Weekly
- Coordination of the accounting team in relation to assigned functions
- Follow-up on accounts receivable, coordinating the execution with the officer in charge
- Weekly follow-up of accounts payable including PO payments, in coordination with the officer in charge
- Coordination with the accounting team on the delivery of information to control entities
- Annual preparation of the tax due date schedule and information to control entities
- Coordination with the accounting manager of the requirements of the statutory audit, follow-up meetings and submission of the information requested by the different areas
- Establishment of KPIs, monitoring and monthly evaluation of the team, in coordination with the accounting manager
- Delivery of verified monthly report, both Gross Profit and monthly report, to the accounting manager two days before the due date, for review and delivery to headquarters
- Preparation of the income tax and validation with the accounting management, before being submitted to the statutory auditor
- Assume, if necessary, new responsibilities in the accounting and financial area for the growth of South Pole Colombia, adapting to new processes, responsibilities or other functions relevant to the finance and administration team
- Completed studies in Public Accounting or a related discipline
- Verified experience in the accounting area, management in operative and control processes, in addition to the compliance with objectives
- Specialisation in the accounting or tax area
- Updated accounting and tax knowledge, insights into International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Working knowledge with accounting ERPs
- Proficient written and oral command of Spanish and English
- Expert in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel)
- Entrepreneurial attitude, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Teamwork oriented with a can-do attitude, creativity and prudence
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while keeping attention to details
- Demonstrated experience in managing accounting teams
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.