South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
At South Pole, we are in the middle of delivering an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to drive scalable growth and enable process automation across the business. We are looking for a Project Manager to help us with the design and delivery of a range of complex and exciting project initiatives along with the Human Resources roadmap. The role of the Project Manager is instrumental in translating the pain points and business requirements into actionable workstreams. You will work closely with the business analysts, business stakeholders, system product owners, and operations specialists acting as a liaison between business and IT/data.
If you have experience in delivering projects in high-growth business environments with great communication skills and strong attention to detail and are excited to be part of the team shaping tomorrow’s way of working and collaborating, this role is perfect for you. Help South Pole fight the good fight, and join our Digital Transformation Team as Project Manager!
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Project lead for change and transformation initiatives primarily in Human Resources but also in other areas
- Identify and communicate with internal stakeholders to understand the needs of teams and business lines
- Define and track project objectives and benefits while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for the business problems
- Execute gap analysis defining the desired future state of operations and develop required processes in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Use data to support your findings
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Experience in delivering strategic project initiatives along the entire project lifecycle
- Experience in transformation, process changes and implementation
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- Ability to understand and influence technical and business stakeholders at differing levels in the organisation
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- Project Management certification such as PRINCE2 or PMP
- Experience in working with consultancy firms
- Experience in human resource management in an international environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.