South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Business Development Associate is to identify and qualify new business opportunities in the Nordics region. The Senior Business Development Associate will initiate and build strong relationships with new clients and existing clients. In addition, you will understand clients’ needs and develop tailor-made solutions for them. You will share your knowledge and market feedback with the wider sales team. This is a fixed-term contract until February 2023 with the possibility of getting extended.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities based on regional sales strategy
- Initiate and build relationships with new clients in your region through regular contact
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify business development opportunities
- Write compelling proposals and participate in negotiations
- Assist senior management in complex deal negotiations, contract development as well as account management tasks
- Provide market feedback to practice leads, business lines managers and marketing team
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support senior sales team in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- Take the proactive lead on specific solutions and coordinate with involved stakeholders
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, sites visits, at conferences and remote
- Share proactively know-how and market feedback within the company
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business related discipline
- Several years of proven expertise in the field of sustainability, corporate responsibility, climate change or renewable energy and experience in a client-facing role
- Relevant knowledge of the carbon market, corporate responsibility, climate change etc.
- Strong track record in meeting client expectations
- Distinct analytical and conceptual abilities, the know-how of relevant sales software (CRM) and techniques (Miller Heiman sales model and similar)
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- International business experience and willingness to travel
- Excellent English skills and any other language are considered a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Diligent, reliable, proactive and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.