South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
You will be a key player in scaling our Digital MRV for existing and new projects in support of our ambitions to sequester 1 GT of CO2 by 2026. This means a significant increase from the approximate 180 MT of CO2 we have helped sequester to date. So you will play a pivotal role in helping us scale MRV for both Nature Based and Distributed Clean-Tech projects across the globe.
As Product Manager you will closely collaborate with the leadership of our Climate Projects Business Line to clarify the sourcing strategy for our projects and translating this into a roadmap for digital MRV. This encompasses both opportunity assessment and digital MRV needs. The ambition is to develop a comprehensive set of digital MRV solutions for our key project types, based on a carefully crafted build, buy and partner strategy.
In this role, you will get a unique opportunity to collaborate with our climate project experts across the globe, our team of AI, Data Science and GIS experts in our Digital Lab and Voluntary Carbon Markets standard bodies (mainly Verra & Gold Standard) looking to drive digital MRV. You will also drive efficiencies for MRV for our existing project portfolio. The resulting technology roadmap will be implemented via a well-balanced mix of in-house development with our Digital Lab and strategic partnerships.
As the application of Digital MRV in the carbon markets is quite dynamic and specialized, the ideal candidate must be able to navigate the methods and technologies that are applied to monitor carbon projects. Building on a proven track record in business development for digital products in this space you will get the chance to build and implement the latest technologies and help us achieve our strategic goals.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Orchestrate the development and implementation of our buy, build or partner strategy for scaling our digital MRV solutions in support of sequestering 1 GT CO2 by 2026
- Make digital MRV an order winning capability for South Pole with our (prospective) project partners
- Select and prioritize business cases for improving internal efficiency by leveraging digital MRV for our existing project portfolio (> 700 projects)
- Define the quarterly roadmap for our internal Digital MRV developments based on our sourcing strategy in close collaboration with our Digital Lab
- Ensure our Digital Lab has clearly defined MRV requirements by project type
- Ensure successful operationalisation of our Digital MRV solutions by building the customer success team for our Digital MRV services
- Scan the technology, start-up and scale-up sector relevant to Digital MRV for promising emerging technologies and companies
- Develop strategic partnerships with external Digital MRV service providers
- Create and maintain a backlog of new method development and/or amendments requirements to certify our new digital MRV solutions together with our Climate Projects experts
- Monitor timely development of new methods and/or amendments by our Climate Projects colleagues
- Inspire potential project partners and our Climate Projects colleagues with the art of possible Digital MRV
- Participate in sprint reviews and support our Digital Lab with user stories, feature requirements, user research, user testing, and key stakeholders
- Meet with users and stakeholders to discuss product requirements and validate product roadmap
- Define key operational metrics and establish a process to track progress and report regularly on these metrics, including adoption and user satisfaction.
- Foster collaboration within the team, across the organization, and throughout the product life cycle
- Coordinate effective internal product communication and information delivery across all products and partner areas
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager in monitoring Forestry and Sustainable Agriculture projects
- 3+ business development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Voluntary Carbon Markets
- Hands-on experience in working with Remote Sensing data and Data Science
- Experience working with developers in building and shipping technical products
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving the product vision, helping to define go-to-market strategy, and leading design and research discussions.
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies and tackle new climate solution specific problems
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- An eagerness to have fun while you work, we’re tackling climate change and we’re having fun while we do it
- Experience with ESRI GIS
- Spanish (speaking)
- Blockchain technology and use cases
- Experience in the development of new methods with Verra and/or Gold Standard
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.