South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole provides a wide range of services within environmental impact accounting and climate neutrality. The Climate Journey involves measuring, reducing, and offsetting their residual emissions. The final step is to communicate their success to stakeholders; labels play an important part in this. Just as action on climate change must be ambitious, transparent, and aligned with climate science, so too must the labels that demonstrate climate action to be trustworthy and robust in their methodology. We are now recruiting a Climate Neutrality Labels Solutions Owner to enusre the commercialwith a particular focus on these topics, who will be integrated into the Climate Solutions team.
The goal of the role is to lead the development of the climate neutrality labels at South Pole, ensure their commercial success, and manage technical questions regarding label requirements from our global team of consultants and key account managers. This role will also contain an important strategic and forward-looking component, to make sure South Pole’s labels remain at the forefront of Corporate Actions claims.
This includes coordinating input from all of our regional offices with regards to the interpretation of the technical guidance for clients using the climate neutrality labels. You will also be responsible for staying up to date on regulations regarding climate neutrality claims, and the developing international standards on climate neutrality.
The candidate will have a strong business acumen with a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset. You will also have the ability to anticipate market trends and lead the development of new labels, aligned with the latest climate science
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Define the broad South Pole’s labels strategy, and help define a label that is game-changing in the way that companies can communicate their climate neutrality to their different stakeholders.
- Monitor the market evolution to remain at the forefront: map the CO2 Neutral labels market, understand the competition, SWOT analysis.
- Lead the development of the technical guidance of the climate neutrality labels at South Pole. If relevant, define different levels of accuracy/robustness for the different customer segments/product types (e.g. Bronze, Silver, Gold) - adapt the protocol to allow for different levels of accuracy (specifically for products).
- Coordinate with consulting, KAM/BD, and marketing teams on client requests with regards to the interpretation of the technical guidance and practical application of the label standards.
- Coordinate the communication campaigns in each region with the Marketing department, targeting different customers segments; make sure South Pole creates awareness by publicizing frontrunners companies obtaining the labels (social media, newsletter,...); make the label attractive to followers.
- Develop and improve internal communication (workshops and knowledge sharing) linked to the climate neutrality labels, to keep key stakeholder teams at South Pole informed on the latest developments.
- Stay up to date with international standards regarding climate neutrality, including national regulations, to make sure the South Pole labels are able to stay relevant.
- Ensure the commercial success of the labels.
- Elaboration of a robust business plan aligned with the regions: number of labels sold per type and region, growth plan, etc.
- Creating processes for label requests, annual updates, monitoring of reduction requirements, and quality assurance of footprinting, in order to scale up the distribution of the labels.
- Define innovative aspects related to labels, e.g. increasing transparency on the label claims (e.g. through a QR code): Scope of calculation and offsetting, reduction ambition, carbon projects
- University degree in engineering, sustainability, environmental engineering, or other environmental-related disciplines.
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 5 years) in sustainability labels, certification, or related energy/sustainability consulting fields.
- Technical knowledge and capabilities in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting.
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Good writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good stakeholder and client management skills.
- Good oral and written skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or practical experience in climate neutrality certification.
- Familiarity with topics such as target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD); benchmarking / materiality assessment; water stewardship; plastics are a clear plus.
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and database management, Google Suite.
- Interest in climate change, environmental, and sustainability issues.
Enjoy working in a young emerging team with big ambitions.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.