South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of our century: To achieve a net-zero economy by 2050 the global community needs to reduce (avoid) global annual carbon emissions by 45 billion tons over the next 30 years. In addition to avoiding emissions, we need to develop the projects and infrastructure to remove up to 5 billion tons of CO2 from the atmosphere.
South Pole is a global leader in financing emission reduction projects, carbon credit trading and advisory services for the largest corporations, governments and private institutions. As a member of South Pole’s Corporate Investments Team you will be making investments that make a difference: You will originate and manage investments in projects that avoid emissions or remove carbon from the atmosphere, you will execute strategic investments (M&A) and you will invest in and work with ventures we support or have started. You will also work on structuring the vehicles and entities from which we invest and help develop the processes and strategies these deploy.
To be successful you need to be passionate, you need to have your views and be able to excite many other people in and outside of the organization for these views. We expect you to think beyond your own activities to integrate and align with the overall organisation. The Corporate Investment Team has the ambition to support all investment processes within South Pole. Over the next 5 years, it plans to channel more than 1bn of capital into projects to protect the climate.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Originate investments in projects, strategic investments or venture investments
- Manage existing investments
- Establish, manage and control the budget for your team
- Participate in strategic decisions at business line level
- Extensive experience in corporate finance, capital markets or a venture (start-up/ early stage company) context
- You have led investments, taken profit and loss responsibility as an investor or entrepreneur
- You are passionate about building, leading, mentoring and developing high-performing teams across geographies and cultures
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to establish and communicate a compelling vision enabling South Pole to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- You are passionate to protect the climate, ambitious, humble, kind and have a strong sense of fairness
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.