South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage key stakeholders and be the go to person with regard to all Corporate function related matters
- Ensure all accounting, HR and IT policies are in alignment with Group policies
- Prepare and submit the monthly financial reporting pack and management accounts for the local entity in line with Group deadlines
- Assist with the Group Reporting with annual budget and group strategy (5-year plans)
- Prepare and submit year-end South Pole Mexico Reporting pack to South Pole Group Consolidation team accurately and on time, in line with IFRS
- Prepare annual financial statements for the local entity
- Full management and control of payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory
- Management of external financial service providers
- Ensure full local taxation compliance with the completion and submission of mandatory local direct and indirect tax returns
- In coordination with the Global Tax team implement transfer pricing policy and procedures together with the review and submission of local files in line with taxation requirements locally
- Key contact for South Pole Mexico internal and external auditors locally
- Ensure local statutory and governance compliance in coordination with the external financial service provider around the preparation and submission of any statutory documents and annual meeting coordination
- Collaborate with Group Accounting Team on various ad hoc global finance projects
- Advanced degree in Accounting such as a Masters in Business and an affiliated member - ACA, ACCA or a Chartered Accountant
- Strong knowledge of Mexican GAAP and IFRS
- Strong direct and indirect taxation background
- Coaching, management and leadership skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Proactivity, accuracy and strong commitment to meet deadlines
- Prior consolidation experience in a multinational environment is a plus
- Several years experience in a similar role
- Excellent command of English and Spanish (spoken and written)
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.