South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, and Operations. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
- Working closely with the Head of Legal and with a wide range of internal customers, by providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice on a variety of legal topics relating to our group’s internal operations
- Review, negotiate and manage lease agreements, as well as other agreements needed for our operations worldwide
- Review, negotiate and manage procured services agreements, including SaaS and licence agreements
- Support the management of insurance policies, by reviewing, negotiating and assessing them
- Support the implementation and update of various contract templates and playbooks to support the legal team to operate.
- Support the implementation and update of the legal and compliance team’s internal processes and policies.
- Support any additional request relating to legal operations.
- This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Degree in Law
- Minimum 3 years experience post qualification (within Legal setting)
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Experience in a similar inhouse role, as a Legal Counsel working on internal affairs or for a leading law firm
- The ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business.
- The ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- Digitalisation of legal services and optimisation of processes
- Fluency in French and/or German (ideally native speaker) (in addition to English)
- Experience within a sustainability field
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.