South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Marketing and Communications teams are the key ambassadors of our corporate brand. From overseeing the way in which we approach our clients and showcase our products and services, to positioning South Pole as a global thought leader in the fight for climate action, we sharpen and strengthen our brand positioning and multiply our impact in the market through our strong value proposition. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a Product Marketing Specialist, you are an integral part of South Pole’s global marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for one or two of our climate solutions, ensuring they land in the sweet spot between what customers want, what we do and what our competitors say. You will drive the collaboration between different teams to develop and own the value proposition and key messaging associated with the solution. This is the perfect role to use your skills in segmenting, structuring, and aligning international teams around a common goal. This role would suit a proactive and energetic product marketer with an entrepreneurial mindset, strong communication skills and confidence to manage senior stakeholders. A working understanding of corporate climate action would be a bonus. This impact-driven position in our newly formed Solutions Marketing Team provides room for fresh perspectives and plenty of space to grow.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the value proposition for one or more of our climate solutions
- Collaborating with our technical experts and representing our clients interests to ensure your solutions fit seamlessly within South Pole’s suite of climate solutions
- Create a value proposition that works for our sales colleagues and is appropriate for our channels to market
- You will know the target audience for your solutions better than anyone and use this to develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy for all stages of the customer journey
- You will translate technical product descriptions into brilliant, simple marketing collateral and you are ruthless in validating the effectiveness of the materials you produce to target the right audience with the right message at the right time
- Support the regional teams with their translation requirements
- You will continuously evolve the value proposition and content strategy using customer insights and competitive analysis to grow the solution value for South Pole and our clients.
- University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Environmental Studies or related disciplines
- Entry-level experience in product marketing ideally in a B2B, consumer goods or sustainability sector with a proven track record
- A customer-centric mindset with an understanding of how to translate findings into meaningful, actionable recommendations
- Result-oriented work approach with the ability to work quickly from concept to completion
- You are team-orientated, have a relentless passion for tackling climate change and are determined to create impact - quickly and widely
- English is a must and another language a plus
- Experience with managing complex projects with international and external stakeholders
- Influential with great communication and copywriting skills with an understanding of campaign concepts
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.