South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
As the Senior Sourcing Specialist, Nature-Based Solutions in the Latin America region, you will be leading the relationships between South Pole and the client's NBS Portfolios. You will also work with other companies to design and develop carbon portfolios composed of forestry and non-forestry projects that can be used to offset the companies' carbon footprint and retire them to use them in a compliance market in the region. You will be the privileged and direct communications channel with the stakeholders providing feedback and updates regarding implementing the client's Portfolio. Furthermore, you will help identify new potential opportunities that could be incorporated into it and lead negotiations with these stakeholders to produce amendments or new covenants that will strengthen our relationship with our clients and improve the processes to optimize the program's execution. In addition, you will also coordinate the strategy to identify potential projects, supporting clients in the organization of events and spaces that will allow them to communicate the results of their Client's Portfolio.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Work with other companies in order to design and develop carbon portfolios composed of forestry and non-forestry projects in the region Coordinate the communication channels between South Pole and the client’s Portfolio Arrange agendas for committee meetings between the client’s Portfolio stakeholders Provide feedback and inputs to the stakeholders regarding updates in the carbon portfolio management as well as the status of project implementation Support in the creation and organization of events with the client to communicate the results of the Portfolio, as well as call for potential projects to submit information to be considered for it Manage the client’s Communication, offset and other requests
- University degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economy or some other relevant discipline is required
- Several years of work experience in areas related to the environment and sustainability is essential
- Experience in the carbon sector Excellent abilities in organization and administration and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Experience managing teams at a country level
- Experience and results in commercial departments will be preferred
- Excellent oral and written command of Spanish
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in Spanish
- Ability to carry out project administration & management tasks Research and analysis skills, including budget tracking, financial forecasting, and project evaluation and monitoring
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols
- Ability to work on assignments that are diverse in nature, applying company policies, processes and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems
- Able to solve basic problems independently, based on general instructions on new assignments or projects
- Ability to manage relationships and inter-institutional coordination
- Experience working with teams in several countries in the LATAM region is desirable
- Basic written abilities in English are desired
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.