South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Consultant / Managing Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international, regional and local clients on sustainability topics. You will play a leading role in the development and overall management of proposals on plastics and circular economy, as well as in the implementation of projects, for which you will manage project teams. You will be the main point of contact for the client and may also act as a collaborator, providing specific inputs or serving a specific role on a mandate. In addition, you will support the development of new products for the corporate and public sectors and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage medium- to large-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international, regional and local clients, and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals for the corporate and public sector on plastics, circular economy, extended producer responsibility, in close collaboration with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company.
- Build relationships with public sector and multilateral organizations stakeholders to develop large-scale, multi-year development programme funding proposals.
- Position South Pole as a regional thought leader in circular economy across Latin America, building relationships with stakeholders from across the waste management and plastics value chain.
- For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical reviews of proposals and deliverables.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Support senior consulting and key account management teams in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Topics of engagement may include: extended producer responsibility, material flow analysis, life cycle analysis (LCA), packaging design and waste management strategy development and implementation, plastic funds, circular economy, as well as plastic credits origination and commercialisation.
- University degree, ideally in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics, Public Policy, International Relations, or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Relevant knowledge of sustainability challenges and solutions within the circular economy, including but not limited to plastics pollution and circularity
- Several years of relevant work experience in circular economy or a related field, including multilateral or public sector development programmes experience or environmental sustainability practices in multinational companies
- Experience in multi-stakeholder programmes in the waste management sector
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Industry-relevant connections, especially in Mexico and Latin America, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Strong public speaking and relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of Mexican and Latin American waste management policies
- Experience working with and implementing activities with large multilateral funding mechanisms and/or multi-stakeholder platforms
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
- Diligent, reliable, proactive and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.