South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As an Application Support Analyst, you play a critical role in supporting South Pole to leverage its core business systems to support key business objectives and drive transformation. You are a member of the Enterprise Technology team, reporting to the Head of Enterprise Technology but will take guidance from the Business Applications Product Manager at a daily, operational level. As such, you will support the management of support tickets received through the service desk and the delivery of systems-related projects and changes. You have a deep technical knowledge of systems and the landscape in which they reside at South Pole and support less experienced/technical colleagues.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Prioritise, triage and resolve support requests and incident responses in line with SLAs
- Manage own time and priorities effectively, juggling both BAU service tickets and the delivery of larger change pieces incrementally
- Support architectural/technical decisions and build recommendations based on best practices, taking into account compliance and risk elements
- Liaise with teams across the business to understand requirements and provide user stories
- Recognise dependencies on other systems and outputs when drafting technical solution designs. In doing so, collaborate effectively with other technology teams
- Proactively and continually drive and update your own development and knowledge of South Pole’s business applications and the overall integrated environment in which they reside
- Analyse and look for opportunities in new releases to inform the systems strategy in support of the business’ key objectives
- Play a key role on larger, complex systems projects, such as the integration of acquired businesses, where needed
- Ensure testing (QA) is done on changes before passing to users for UAT
- Map, cleanse and/or migrate data across systems when needed
- Manage and maintain working-level relationships with 3rd parties for specific projects and tactical changes in close collaboration with your manager
- Communicate openly with team members and internal customers to provide updates on delivery
- Share system knowledge with and support more junior team members
- Provide demos and/or light training for system end-users where appropriate, while actively supporting a system champion/super user group model
- Act as a champion of incremental change and agile delivery
- Several years of business system administration/configuration experience, ideally with the following (or similar systems): JIRA Service Management, HiBob, TeamTailor, Rydoo, DocuSign, Tableau, MIRO
- A solid understanding of ITIL and agile delivery methodologies
- Data migration skills and experience: SQL skills for data analysis
- Experience in integrating new cloud-based systems via web-based APIs, ideally RESTful APIs, would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in liaising across multiple departments/disciplines/geographies in a matrix organisation
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to adhere to agile/business processes
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a flexible approach to work
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- A strong interest in business, climate action and the environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.