South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As the Finance Business Partner you will lead the business line's reporting cycle and as a business partner provide insightful analysis, sound commercial insight and guidance, ensuring delivery of plans, adherence to policies and procedures, and strong financial controls.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist and advise on the business line financial administrative activities and operational procedures to ensure the company’s financial records are accurately recorded and reported
- Ensure necessary control activities are in place through working in conjunction with the international accounting teams
- Enable delivery of adequate credit policy, cash flow and investment policies, costing and expense control, administration of contracts, insurance arrangements and stock accounting and management and administration relating to the business line and in line with group policies and procedures
- Provide financial information and insight to management and ensure a common understanding and alignment; to enable timely and effective decision making and delivery of the business line's plans
- Preparation of management accounts, KPI reports, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans
- Ensure forecast accuracy and contingency plans to deliver the business line's strategies and targets
- Take responsibility for performance measurement, achievement of targets and budgets, and adherence to policies and procedures
- Prepare investment proposals and provide financial status of operational projects to limit exposure and maximise potential return
- Prepare post feasibility studies on projects in place
- Provide input into the design, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational systems, ensuring standardisation, resource optimisation and solutions that drive efficiency and enable ease of doing business
- Represent the business line in dealings with the organisation’s auditors, bankers, legal advisors, clients, suppliers, project wonders and others as required
- Several years experience working in FP&A or Commercial Finance
- CIMA, ACA qualified or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills; data-driven with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the with the ability to create and improve financial models
- A mindset that bridges financial aptitude and commercial acumen to ensure that analysis is considered, business-focused and actionable
- Ability to break down large data sets into clear and concise conclusions to provide senior management with the narrative and understanding to facilitate major decisions
- Highly organized but able to be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Maturity and gravitas to challenge, manage and influence outcomes with senior stakeholders
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.