South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a thriving, growing business and growing HR function. This role will play an integral part in helping the team to deliver on the Global Talent, Learning & Development strategy.
The purpose of this role is to help develop and implement a blended learning offering to our employees and help build and manage programmes within the South Pole Learning Academy. You will plan, manage and monitor the programmes needed to support the Talent, Learning and Development Strategy. The programmes will be a blend of outsourced training through suppliers and courses you will write and facilitate yourself, including eLearning programmes. This role reports into the Head of Talent, Learning and Development.
You will be expected to be a self-starter, able to work as a team as well as autonomously. The role is quite varied and the ability to take initiative and work with ambiguity is essential.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
The Training Manager will be responsible for training employees in compliance with South Pole’s annual training plan and the set budget. This includes stakeholder management, managing learning programmes, identifying training needs, preparing materials including eLearning courses, facilitation and working with the Talent, Learning and Development Team on varied initiatives.
- Creating relevant in-house training programmes and resources for employees to develop and improve employees’ skills.
- Performing needs assessment to identify knowledge gaps and areas in need of improvement.
- Identifying and communicating learning gaps to the Talent, Learning and Development team.
- Liaising with subject matter experts and key business stakeholders to design innovative and engaging training (facilitated and eLearning) modules.
- Managing key training events from end to end.
- Selecting the most appropriate training methods and activities.
- Creating course materials facilitation guides that support content delivery
and skills assessments.
- E-Learning: Converting and developing training content into interactive, engaging and motivational digital learning.
- Tracking training outcomes and ensuring alignment to business objectives.
- Facilitating the delivery of technology-based and multimedia-centered
- Assisting with the development of the South Pole Academy.
- Supporting the Talent, Learning and Development Team with the varied
- Providing advice and guidance to employees on learning queries.
- Supporting the ongoing development of the LMS platform.
You have a can-do attitude and a strong focus on possibilities instead of limitations. Flexibility is key. You embrace the opportunities that come with working in a growing organisation: help build structures and processes that are currently not in place and navigate the constantly changing priorities. You are passionate about making a difference and you have the willingness and the drive to build relationships in a global context. You are a humble team player with cultural flair and a well-developed curiosity about other people and their motivations.
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum design, instructional methods, and training techniques.
- Good experience of online training solutions & eLearning development processes.
- Technical experience using eLearning programmes, such as Articulate 360 or
- Strong track record of managing a learning and development curriculum.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships and win the confidence of stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong project management, ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders concurrently.
- Ability to initiate and work productively alone, but also effective as a team
- Proficiency in technology-based learning management systems (LMS).
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced high growth international environment.
- Experience of working in a global organisation.
- Experience in video and audio production would be advantageous.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.