South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole provides a wide range of services within environmental impact accounting and climate neutrality. At the core of this are state-of-the-art accounting methodologies, internal databases and processes for managing data and emission factors. South Pole is creating a dedicated Climate Software practice called Digital Climate Solutions. This practice will develop climate software for a wide range of customers. From consumers to enterprise, e-commerce to manufacturing.
The goal of the role is to act as the Climate Specialist inside the Digital Climate Solutions team. The first responsibility will be to ensure the quality of the climate insights delivered through our software solutions. Create models for footprinting for specific customer segments and industries, ensure the model for our eCommerce product is always up to date and work with the colleagues in the climate strategies team to identify services that can be delivered digitally.
Secondly, the Sr. Climate Impact Specialist will coach the customer success and customer support teams to guide the customer base through their climate journey. Creating FAQs and guidance that allow the teams to optimally support consumers and SME customers.
This role is not involved directly in advisory mandates to customers.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage relevant data-bases, in particular, the emission factor databases for e-commerce, including annual updates.
- Develop methodologies for assessing climate impact in case data is lacking.
- Ensure the quality of climate insight and action delivered through South Pole digital solutions.
- Support South Pole’s teams, such as Customer Success, Customer Support, Product Management and Development on topics related to climate insights and action.
- Creating processes for data management and quality assurance.
- Work with specialists from advisory teams to prepare climate models for digital delivery.
- University degree in engineering, sustainability, environmental engineering, IT related or other environmental engineering related disciplines.
- Relevant work experience in IT or related energy/sustainability consulting fields.
- Technical knowledge and capabilities in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies; LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting.
- Experience in data management and data quality assurance.
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Good stakeholder and client management skills.
- Good oral and written skills in English with experience communicating technical ideas and concepts to external audiences (i.e blog posts, product documentation, faqs).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and/or practical experience in climate neutrality certification.
- Familiarity with topics such as target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD); benchmarking / materiality assessment; water stewardship; plastics are a clear plus.
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Understanding of software architecture and development practices.
- Interest in climate change, environmental and sustainability issues.
- Enjoy working in a young emerging team with big ambitions.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.