South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems, and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers, and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
As part of the Digital Innovation team, you will design and implement the digital user journey (aka Climate journey) for clients in our target segments. As we are at the start of significantly growing our portfolio of services, you will be in a unique position to own end-to-end user experiences. In the process you will get the chance to grow a team to design how climate action gets done in different market segments.
You will be a key part of turning world-class expertise in climate action, gained by a global team of consultants working with Fortune 500 companies and industrial leaders, into a targeted approach. This with the ambition to become the platform of choice for companies to reach their net-zero goals.
We have already invested significantly in building the functionality that we need to serve our clients across different industries. Besides our commitment to continue to build the best carbon accounting engines, our next phase is to understand the specific needs of our target segments and design their user experience around their needs. This may range from supporting their experts with the best insights to prioritize reduction strategies or to support our SME customers with a highly automated and guided experience.
As the market is growing rapidly and the climate crisis requires us to move fast, the ideal candidate must be able to take charge of the design of our full portfolio of digital user journeys. You need to have a proven track record in building a portfolio of digital services and thrive in a fast paced environment where change is constant. You will work closely with product and technical teams using agile methodologies where all roles collaborate to complete each unit of work. This means communication, and interpersonal skills are a must.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Key tasks and responsibilities are what can be expected of a senior UX Designer ready to take ownership of our digital user journeys across different market segments.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Create prototypes and wireframes for responsive web applications -
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Conduct usability testing - Work with PMs and frontend developers to deliver against a roadmap you have agreed
- 3+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- A portfolio of design projects
- Hands-on experience planning, preparing, and running user research
- Experience in data visualisation
- Experience designing B2B products with a focus on web applications
- Ability to present and sell your designs to stakeholders
- Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies and tackle new climate solution specific problems
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Expert knowledge and proven experience with an interface design tool like “Figma”
- Located in a time zone + or - 3 hours from CET
- Experience in the Climate Solutions industry
- Experience working on a SaaS products
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.