South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
You will support and troubleshoot the global penguin family on all matters around the IT infrastructure. Prepare Computer for new starters, order and manage Notebooks, Wifi Networks, Smartphones and Video Conference Systems in Europe. You will be the first level Support Helpdesk person with our global IT Supporter Team for your worldwide employees during our daytime. You need to write manuals and documentation. Organize and maintain the Internet connection and the network from the offices. Help to define and evaluate the local needs to bring these inputs into our global IT system.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Make sure users can work on their mission efficient and without any computer trouble.
- Manage Client devices like Notebooks, Smart Phones and VC Systems globally.
- Prepare Computer for new Starters with the Help of MS Azured Domain and Autopilot.
- Manage mobile phone contracts and Google Voice Licenses.
- Manage Users on G-Suit and other Cloud Applications.
- Order and Manage Notebooks, Wifi Networks, Smartphones and Video. Conference Systems in Europe.
- First level Support Helpdesk person Worldwide.
- Create Manuals for Devices. Handle Hardware guarantee cases and replacements.
- Cooperate and assist the global IT Support Team.
- Completed education or training Training as a computer supporter
- Structured, independent and accurate way of working
- Commitment, flexibility and sense for quality
- Pleasure in customer contact
- Written and spoken English
- Strong customer and service orientation
- Willingness to learn
- Eager for changes and optimizations
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Google for Workspace
- Cloud Computing
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.