South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant to join our Global Project Development Implementation (PI) team.
In this role, you will support the activities required by the team, managing a wide variety of tasks, supporting potential project proposals, contributing to preparing reports and handling multiple projects. You understand your stakeholders' needs and ensure a high-quality standard whilst managing multiple projects. Your solid knowledge and skills in handling commonly used office equipment and software leverage the workflow effectively and in an organised manner.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Organize the administrative information of the company and the projects for the presentation to calls following the terms of reference of the same.
- Register South Pole Carbon Asset Management SAS as a supplier to current and potential clients.
- Legalize expenses related to the projects of the Project Implementation Unit (PI) in the Rydoo platform or others required.
- Administrative support for contracting and liquidation of PI team projects, (provide legal documents for contracting, deliverables, policy requests and once the contract ends, request liquidation minutes or certificates of good service).
- Develop databases for the management of administrative and financial information of the PI team.
- Ensure that all administrative information of the PI team is updated in Google Drive.
- Review the solicitations requested and provide the administrative concept regarding compliance with the documentation required to implement a project on the ground.
- Technical, technological or university degree in the administrative area.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in administrative requirements related to the execution of environmental projects.
- Ability to work on tasks of diverse nature, applying company policies, processes and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems.
- Proficient in Excel and office tools.
- Ability to review applications, terms of reference and create written documents in Spanish and English.
- Ability to manage objectives and priorities and develop own objectives.
- Strong knowledge in the use of office tools and in the use of platforms such as Rydoo.
- Planning, time management and task prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service.
- Excellent grammar and spelling in Spanish and English.
- Computer literacy.
- Understanding of administrative requirements to implement land use projects.
- Proficient in English.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.