South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Business Development Associate is to identify and qualify new business opportunities in the DACH region, with a focus on Switzerland. You will identify and assess market trends, business opportunities and growth potential. You support our team in matching our climate solutions offering with corporate clients needs, helping them to progress on their climate journey and to take bold climate action. To be successful in this role, you will need to understand clients’ needs and develop tailor-made solutions with the support of senior business development managers.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities based on regional sales strategy
- Initiate and build relationships with new clients in your region through regular contact
- Understand clients needs and their stakeholder environment to identify business development opportunities
- Assist senior management in complex deal negotiation, contract development as well as account management tasks
- Write compelling proposals and close deals
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Participate and organize client meetings, conferences and virtual webinars
- Assess sales trends to recognize new business opportunities and growth potential
- Collaborate closely with the regional marketing team to develop further marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, sites visits, at conferences and remote events
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business related discipline
- Relevant knowledge of the carbon market, corporate sustainability, climate change etc.
- At least one year experience in the field of sustainability, corporate responsibility, climate change or renewable energy and in a sales role
- Highly result-oriented with a strong drive to engage new clients
- High energy and strong prospecting skills
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Excellent German and English skills, any other languages is a plus
- National (Swiss), or holder of a valid required work visa
- International business experience (experience in the finance market is a plus)
- Willingness to travel
- Distinct analytical and conceptual abilities, the know-how of relevant sales software (CRM) and techniques
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.