South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
In the Digital Climate Solutions team, our goal is to accelerate corporate climate action with software solutions. These solutions integrate climate insight and action in relevant software experiences. Every check-out, booking, or online activity can and should be a climate action. To achieve this we are engaging e-commerce merchants, travel companies, and other B2C software platforms to make climate action a part of every customer interaction.
The Sr. Business Development Manager for Digital Climate Solutions is responsible, together with the regional business development teams, to source new customers and business contacts in the e-commerce, B2C platforms and travel industry. In addition, you will be responsible for demonstrating our climate action solutions, drive sales, and maintaining strong customer relationships.
To be successful in this role you should be great at identifying possible opportunities to integrate climate action into any software solution. Have a great passion for making an impact on the climate crisis and enjoy solution selling.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the local sales teams to grow South Pole’s business in the Digital Climate Solutions practice in the Europe region
- Understand client needs, identify business opportunities and be the customer’s advocate with internal stakeholders
- Act as the solution sales specialist in virtual teams of sales and consultants to find and close new business, and to implement the customer solution
- Engage with the global Key Account Management team to leverage existing client relationships for Digital Climate Solutions leads. Develop compelling offers and proposals together with our product experts and consultants
- Responsible for bringing commercial agreements with clients and business partners to a close
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, conferences, and trade shows
- Identify market trends and provide inputs to Practice Leads and Product Managers for product & service enhancement
- Instil pride in the South Pole brand, inspire and motivate team members
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative. Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Experienced working in small interdisciplinary teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Understanding of software solutions and how they integrate into customer systems
- At least 5 years of proven business development and sales or Greenhouse Gas consulting experience
- Solid business development and sales experience with a track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets in the European region
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Advanced skills in Google Suite
- Willingness to travel up to 20% when business travel returns to pre-covid conditions
- A university degree, Masters preferred
- Understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions and initiatives (e.g. SBT, RE100, CDP, Net Zero, etc.)
- Understanding of the regional software and e-commerce sector is highly desirable
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.