South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
The Climate Investment team is responsible for developing and managing sustainable impact funds, as well as other facilities, vehicles and platforms for investments in climate action. Our scope of expertise covers a variety of topics related to sustainable land-use, low-carbon energy, climate-smart cities and/or clean technology, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Manager, Net Zero Platform is to develop and launch a Net Zero Platform for corporations in the Nordics. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of corporate client engagements and for the implementation of a specific multi-stakeholder platform related to accelerating the transition towards Net Zero in the Nordic countries. For this purpose, you will closely coordinate and supervise the work carried out in association with various teams. You will provide technical guidance to the teams and act as the main point of contact for the clients and other external partners. You will also leverage your technical expertise to drive business development activities and generate and/or pursue new leads. In addition, you will contribute to the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address climate challenges related to the topic of Net Zero.
Specific to platform mandates related to Net Zero, you will take a very significant role in designing, implementing and managing action-oriented platforms, as well as guide specialists in stakeholder engagement, partnership building, network management, organization of events/meetings (physical or online) and communications. You will lead the operational management and coordination of such a platform including governance, technical, administrative and financial aspects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead the creation of a new Net Zero platform for corporates and financial sector clients ensuring insights for continuous improvement are obtained, conceptualised and integrated with the platform’s overall offering
- Carry out the operations of a corporate platform with regards to budget, work progress, reporting and stakeholder engagement
- Coordinate with South Pole’s internal teams (e.g. Nordic and climate strategy teams) and external implementation partners to ensure the timely achievement of the planned goals
- Build strategic value-adding relationships with external Nordic partners that contribute to the platform’s overall offerings
- Establish and maintain platform-wide cooperation management by identifying and integrating suitable tools and frameworks for project management, reporting and communications
- Lead the development and improvement of specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole related to the Net Zero platform
- Ensure good financial health and sustainability of the platform
- University degree in a related field
- Relevant work experience in sustainability consulting, network management, grant/investment management, knowledge management, stakeholder engagement or other related fields
- Knowledge of Net Zero and latest developments around the topic
- Excellent technical project supervision skills and ability to guide project teams
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills, including ability to support contract negotiations
- Industry-relevant connections in Nordic countries, with a wide network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to access, establish, and/or manage collaborative and multi-stakeholder forum(s) engaging various types of sectoral players
- Excellent oral and written skills in English is mandatory, as well as fluency in one of the Nordic languages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with specific communication experience to senior decision-makers (such as C-Suite) and across a range of stakeholders
- National or holder of a valid permit
- Commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging, competitive and fast-paced market environment
- Experience in fundraising would be an advantage
- Practical experience in change management and sustainability strategy development
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
- Diligent, reliable, entrepreneurial, and proactive
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.