South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
As part of the Global Sourcing team within the Climate Projects business Line as a Sourcing Intern, you will primarily assist the Sourcing Managers and Specialists on all matters related to efforts to source new project leads and opportunities in the region, with a focus on Nature-Based Solutions (NBS). Additionally, you will also support business development and project sourcing related activities including but not limited to researching new project leads, drafting procedural documents, supporting financing plans and budgets, as well as supporting due diligence processes under the guidance of the Sourcing team and the lead for Latin America
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support in the management of global sourcing databases (in Salesforce), ensuring that information regarding project leads and opportunities are well recorded and updated
- General support to Sourcing Managers and Specialists for Latin America focused on NBS to source new project leads and opportunities in the region
- Research the state of compliance markets in Latam (Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean)
- Conduct research relevant to new project leads, project developers, project owners, appropriate regulatory regimes/policies in Latin American countries
- Research and collect relevant data related to land-use projects, including afforestation/reforestation, reduced deforestation, ecosystem conservation/protection, sustainable agriculture, and ecosystem restoration (e.g. mangroves, peat, mineral forests)
- Support data collection from Project Owners or other third parties for due diligence, financing plans, and budgets, technical, financial, and legal documentation
- Education: University degree in Environmental Science, Economics, Business Administration, Law, or any other relevant discipline
- Core experience and know-how:
- Knowledge/Database Management
- Business Development
- Knowledge in Nature-based solutions
- Proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office
- Adaptability and versatility
- A people person with a strong interest in networking
- Native or fluent in English and Spanish
- Previous internship experience is desirable
- Basic knowledge of AFOLU emission reduction projects
- Familiar with carbon credits, standards, project development
- Comfortable working with an international and multicultural team
- Other relevant languages for Latin America are a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.