South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Since 2020, we have set up teams in Paris and formed a regional organisation dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following our merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
The mission of the Regional Practice Lead is to drive our consultancy practice for agricultural value chains (AVC) and life cycle assessments (LCA) in France, Belgium, and Luxemburg, in alignment with the region’s vision and its business strategy. This role leads the regional AVC & LCA practices consultancy teams and ensures the delivery of a consistent consultancy services offering.
You will be accountable for our consultancy engagements' quality and commercial viability for your practices in your region. Reporting to the Region Head, you will be responsible for executing these practices’ strategies and their business performance, in close collaboration with the regional business development, key accounts management team and the regional marketing functions. Your consultants’ team will count on you for inspiration, guidance, teamwork and talent development so that together you will deliver value to your clients and take them along their climate journey.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Solutions Implementation: Guide the regional AVC/LCA team to implement consultancy solutions effectively, at high quality and coherent with policies and processes.
Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Solutions Development: Respond to evolving client needs based on regional market feedback and close collaboration with our sales team to adjust current solutions or develop new consultancy products for your region.
- Innovation and Standardisation: Drive standardisation and push for the digitisation of scalable solutions in your region with the global Team. At the same time, free up resources for tailored services to innovate our offering and work with regional leaders to inspire new solutions.
- Client Management: Ensure the highest client value generation through consultancy services regionally. Build and develop new strategic client relationships.
- Business development: Grow client base for your consultancy practices and your market presence by identifying business opportunities in close alignment with the regional business development team.
- Team development: Allocate and develop regional consultancy resources effectively and in line with regional market needs. Closely work with HR and the regional management team to lead, develop, and inspire a high-performing regional consultancy team.
- Strategy: Lead the development of our regional AVC/LCA offering based on our international expertise and solutions, aligning with the region's vision and strategy.
- Budget Responsibility: Contribute to the annual process for the regional budget, Be accountable for the financial performance of the AVC/LCA in your region.
- Represent & Inspire: Represent South Pole in AVC/LCA related meetings or events and inspire clients, partners, and employees to accelerate the transition to a climate-smart society.
- University degree, ideally at a master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field like Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Agronomy, or related disciplines.
- Expertise in climate action and environmental sustainability challenges, especially integrating sustainability in supply chains and agriculture.
- Relevant work experience (6 to 8 years) in sustainability consulting or related fields, focusing on climate, carbon, water, and forests in agricultural supply chains.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the specific needs of the clients in your region, anticipate market trends and lead the development of compelling solutions that are financially sound.
- Specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in the following areas: Environmental impacts & risks; target setting (SBTs) and net-zero; sustainability roadmap and strategy development.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to contribute to a compelling vision that enables South Pole to achieve its longer-term ambitions for impact and growth.
- Demonstrable good business sense to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment.
- Experience in establishing consultancy-based client relationships, with a proven track record of growing complex client accounts over time.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid financial and planning skills, with experience leading strategy and budgeting processes.
- Experience managing high-performing teams and achieving solid results through them.
- Comfortable operating with multi-stakeholders in a fast-paced, high-growth global environment.
- Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
- Outstanding oral and written skills in French and English
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.