South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive climate solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate and the developing communities. Our climate solutions inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Since 2020, we have set up teams in Paris and formed a regional organisation dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following the merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
Our Climate Strategies Consultancy team partners with corporate leaders in sustainability. Wherever our clients are on their climate journey, we provide them with unique and unparalleled technical expertise. Our success relies on deep knowledge, trust, and accountability - we inspire climate action every step of the way!
The Consultant’s goal is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice on corporate climate strategies to clients in France, Belgium, and Luxemburg. You will play a leading role in the development and management of proposals on and the implementation of projects, for which you will coordinate small project teams.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Topics of engagement may include GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), energy efficiency, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our clients in the region and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals for the corporate sector on climate strategies and carbon reduction roadmaps in close collaboration with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company.
- For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical reviews of proposals and deliverables.
- Support regional practice leads and key account management teams to develop South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- University degree: Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice
- Relevant work experience in sustainability consulting or a related field, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP)
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents
- Good stakeholder and client management skills
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Excellent oral and written skills in French/Dutch and English
- Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
- Practical experience in
- Climate change strategy development
- Energy efficiency
- GHG management
- Climate Change Scenario Analysis
- Risk and Opportunity Assessment (for physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite applications, MS Excel, Powerpoint and Excel
- Diligent, reliable, proactive, and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.