South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. Our climate solutions inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Since 2020, we have formed a regional organisation dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
The Sustainability Advisory Team is responsible for South Poles Key Account Management (KAM) and Business Development (BD). The team supports clients and prospects in advancing their corporate climate journey towards net-zero carbon emission. Corporate needs and challenges are recognised, and tailored solutions are developed. South Pole build on a unique corporate climate solutions portfolio, including environmental impact accounting, science-based target setting (SBTi), climate-related financial disclosure (CDP, TCFD), decarbonisation roadmaps, renewable energy certificates, climate action credits and impact funds.
South Pole’s approach is characterised by integrity and respect towards clients, colleagues, and the environment. People are our main asset. We grow individually and jointly to unfold the potential of each team member. We instil pride in our diversity and enjoy the fun of working in a truly global team.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
The focus of the Climate Account Associate is to increase our sustainability and climate impact by growing South Pole’s business in Belgium, in coordination with the South Pole region covering France, Belgium and Luxemburg, with special attention to Flemish speaking customers. In this role, you are responsible for a portfolio of clients and support new business development. You proactively manage the relationship with existing clients, understand their needs and develop tailor-made solutions with business development managers. You will handle negotiations of deals with clients.
- Be the main point of contact for a portfolio of existing clients and build trusted relationships with prospects
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify further business development opportunities
- Proactively strengthen relationships with our clients and position South Pole as their preferred partner in the climate solutions field
- Manage negotiation and finalise deals with new and existing clients
- Be involved in writing compelling proposals and contract preparation
- Coordinate deliverables with our consultancy practices teams
- Ensure client satisfaction by maintaining the high-quality standard of our services and anticipating their expectations
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, site visits, at conferences and trade shows
- Share know-how and market feedback within the company proactively
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- Instil pride in the South Pole brand, inspire team members
- A university degree, ideally at master’s level, primarily in sustainable development or environment management
- Trustworthy customers relations management and business development experience with a track record in meeting company targets and client expectations
- Relevant work experience in the field of climate change, sustainable development (renewable energy or carbon markets) or corporate responsibility
- Understanding of the climate solutions market in Flanders
- Knowledge of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions
- Excellent Dutch and English skills are a must, both spoken and written
- French is recommended as the team is mostly French speaking
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Experienced working in small and agile teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.