South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
From forestry, biodiversity and agriculture to renewable energy and waste management, South Pole is globally one of the largest developers of climate action projects. With a strong presence in Asia and a growing team in Australia, plus unprecedented interest in carbon and biodiversity projects, building and scaling our portfolio of climate projects has now taken centre stage. For this, we need you!
- As the Marketing and Partner Engagement Specialist for our Climate Projects business line, you will help create our marketing strategy and take the lead on delivering it.
- You will help attract and retain partners, communities, land owners and project owners ensuring a solid pipeline of future climate action projects.
- You will promote the extraordinary expertise of our team and our capacity to deliver high quality climate action projects and convert these into valuable mitigation and net positive efforts for clients.
- This is an exciting role that would suit a mission-driven B2B marketer with strong communication skills, campaign experience, digital foundations and a confident client-facing manner.
- Experience with working with communities, Traditional Owners, the land sector or not-for-profits, or experience working in emerging and developing countries would also be valuable.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Work with the Regional Marketing Manager in APAC and Climate Projects business line senior stakeholders to develop a marketing and partner engagement strategy.
- Lead the execution of the strategy, proactively delivering on all agreed activities and measuring success.
- Develop materials and assets to strengthen our offerings to project owners by maximizing the marketing value of our activities and core competencies.
- Identify and represent South Pole at major industry events and organise our own events to engage project owners.
- Develop campaigns to target carbon and biodiversity project owners or those with potential to develop such projects, to support the business development activities to these important customer segments.
- Showcase our running projects and those in development through South Pole channels, in the media and through other mediums to demonstrate our track record to other project partners.
- Work with targeted media outlets and other partnerships to position South Pole as the go-to partner for carbon reduction project structuring and implementation activities.
- Constantly screen existing communication approaches between the unit’s practices and external parties e.g. partners, project owners, regulatory bodies etc. and always strive to enhance our communication quality/methods and improve our project partners’ and other stakeholder’s satisfaction.
- Support and coordinate with the unit’s operations team in order to review and improve the quality of our pitching slides, looking into marketing and engagement angles, in all unit’s practices.
- Elevate the profile of South Pole’s technical skills and ample experience in being a leading developer of carbon and biodiversity projects (project structuring, methodology expertise, MRV, implementation and innovation).
- Work with the communications team to ensure the global South Pole brand supports the Climate Project business plan.
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager to align campaign activity with the wider South Pole campaign plans Be a CRM super-user to champion a digital sales and marketing process in the business line Coordinate activity across the wider Marketing and Communications Teams to share best practice, learn from other areas and create “one South Pole” approach.
- Degree in marketing (or other relevant subject)
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience of working in marketing, communications or client / stakeholder engagement managing a plan and with strong sales and client interactions.
- Knowledge of environmental and sustainability topics and experience of building campaigns around these topics.
- Demonstrable competence of digital marketing techniques or marketing automation systems.
- Proven ability to manage budgets High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic international environment Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Fluent in English.
- Valid work authorisation.
- Fluent in a language other than English is a strong plus.
- Ability to create content / support the delivery of thought-leadership within the Regional Team.
- Ability to think strategically to share how local campaigns can translate into wider South Pole benefit Experience of developing new product collateral and supporting a new product launch.
- Experience in engaging with stakeholders/communities in emerging or developing markets (Asia, Africa, Latin America).
- Experience working with Traditional Owners/First Nations People Indigenous and Torres Strait applicants are encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.